ChartAccess® 5.0 is a Complete EHR that is 2014 Edition compliant and has been certified by Drummond Group Inc., an ONC-ACB, in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or guarantee the receipt of incentive payments.
Information can be seen on the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology website.
Product Classification: Complete EHR Inpatient
Certification Number: 04142014-2366-5
Certified Date: 04/14/2014
Modules Tested: 170.314(a)(1-17),(b)(1-7),(c)(1-3),(d)(1-8),(e)(1),(f)(1-4);(g)(2-4)
CQMs Tested: CMS0303v3; CMS03v3; CMS055v2; CMS071v3; CMS072v2; CMS073v2; CMS091v3; CMS100v2; CMS102v2; CMS104v2; CMS105v2; CMS107v2; CMS108v2; CMS109v2: CMS110v2: CMS111v2; CMS114v2; CMS188v3; CMS190v2
Additional Software Used: DrFirst Rcopia, Intelichart, ExitCare
View: Complete ONC Profile
Costs & Limitations Transparency
- Tiered software licensing based on provider or bed quantity at time of purchase
- Implementation and Training services
- Basic Support and Maintenance services
- Hosting or Hardware costs as defined by licensing model
Additional fees which may be incurred include:
- Training beyond the scope of the original implementation
- Consulting services for meeting regulatory requirements
- Level II support services beyond the scope of the licensed product
- e.g.: infrastructure and network support
- Maintenance release level updates outside of normal business hours
- New Software Release Versions which were not included in initial Software licensing
- New Modular Products not in initial software licensing.
- New Interface development and maintenance beyond the scope of the original implementation
- e.g.: interfaces to reporting registries for Meaningful Use measures or any other regulatory reporting
- Implementation of additional peripheral and other hardware devices beyond the scope of the original implementation
- e.g.: including but not limited to printers, mobile workstations, scanners, tablets, etc.
- Prognosis Innovation Healthcare cloud backup solution
- Software reconfiguration requests outside of the original scope of implementation
- Revenue Cycle Management services
Costs which may be subject to escalation:
- Annual support and maintenance fees
- If applicable, annual hosting fees
- If applicable, annual subscription fees
- Annual third party fees such as ePrescribing, Practice Portal, Patient education content, Encoding, Insurance Eligibility and Advanced Beneficiary Notice which may be brokered through Prognosis Innovation Healthcare or contracted directly
Periodic charges for continual right to use of the software:
As defined by licensing model:
- Tiered subscription pricing based on provider or bed quantity
- Annual software Support and Maintenance for contracted software licensing
- Use of the Patient Electronic Access Reporting out of the Patient Portal is limited to the following DirectTrust network HISPs at this time: MaxMD, Nitor Group.
- If Public Health Reporting is achieved through an HIE then automated measure calculation of this measure may not be possible without new or additional Interface development.
- Automated measure calculation of Patient Specific Education requires the use of a specific vendor
- Automated measure calculation of Electronic Prescribing and refill requests requires the use of a specific vendor without a new or additional interface development.
- On premise Customer facility installations of Prognosis systems must have the ability to connect to the Prognosis datacenter via an Internet connection to access certain features of the system.
- Customer must establish a Virtual Private Network connection to Prognosis for Support Services to be activated.